People Living with Mobility Issues or Disabilities
People living with disabilities who need assistance with activities of daily living may have many people assisting them, touching their body and transferring them. For those living alone or without a partner there is often no meaningful touch. Care aides may not be consistent or they only have enough time to do the bare minimum. People living with this challenge can slowly disassociate from their body and live entirely in their heads, preferring not to feel the sensations of the body. Let me create an opportunity to reconnect.
A session may include:
- Assisting the client with better skills of communication when others are assisting them with movement
- Meaningful touch creating an opportunity for trust and connection.
- A check in allows for an opportunity for the client to share what has been going on, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Breath awareness, guided breath work or meditation.
- Range of motion paired with cueing for body awareness and breath.
- A continued opportunity to express what might arise through the movement. Allowing space for discovery.